Sunday, December 14, 2014

Transition, Change, Decision?


“If thou hast well begun, go on.  It is the end that crowns, not the fight”….Herrick

Here you see the little castle that I made for myself to celebrate Mother's Day, sitting in my office window to remind me of the great power of imagination.

Each time I see it I smile inside, as I see visibly the power of self-nurturing.

I was in the midst of a lot of change, and some of it was really hard.  Things were kind of stalled, and my dreams seemed to be very far away.  Was it all about work, and just carrying on?  Where's the victory, here?  That sort of feeling was just dogging me, and it was time for a positive move of some sort.

I decided not to wait for someone to give me a castle, but to make one for myself, out of leftover  cardboard, paper mache, and various ornaments that didn't quite fit in my design business, but were perfect for expressing the imagination I knew would carry me on to the new places I want to go.

When in a state of transition, it's good to let yourself have a bit of extra space to let your mind fly free and create new possibilities, allowing the nature of reality to shift as you do so.
Do something different that you might not think of as being so practical, but that makes your heart feel glad.  It will draw new forces to you that can nourish you and give you inspiration from simple things.

Getting out of your head and into your heart is the best way to really see what's going on in life.
Notice the beauty in the day, get out into nature, and take some deep breaths.  It's good for you.
 Then, you will find it just a little easier to make the change, find your way through the transition, or make the decision that you need to make.
Best wishes, 

Betty

Visit www.bettyofbigsur.com to learn more about ways to experience the great teachings of nature.

I'd love to help you plan the ideal retreat for your needs.

www.retreatcampchecklist.com will help us get started.  






No comments: