Sunday, December 28, 2014

What Does the Puzzle Look Like?

The wilderness where I live presents a continual challenge for a human.  Daily illustrations occur of how small a thing is a person.  Reliance on simplicity and grace is a must, in order to understand what my place is within the vast expanse of un-tamable nature that surrounds me.

I see life in this environment as being like living in a puzzle.  I'm one of the pieces, and so the question is, what does the puzzle look like?  Do you get questions like this coming to you?  What kind of puzzle is your life?  What's the pattern that you sense as you look for ways to put the pieces together?

Here in the forest, it looks like this: the many forces and the many shapes of nature each move through me in different ways, as I also move through them.  They shape my life in ways that are mysterious and wonderful.  Listening to the message of nature gives me a slight clue as to what the puzzle is about.

In any puzzle, the cmplete whole is more than the sum of its pieces.  Tere's someting that is being shown that is invisible to the observer during the process.
The tiny puzzle piece does not see the pretty picture of the completed puzzle.  But I know that it's there.  And you are part of it, too.


Visit www.bettyofbigsur.com to learn more about ways to experience the great teachings of nature.

I'd love to help you plan the ideal retreat for your needs.

www.retreatcampchecklist.com will help us get started.  



All the best,
Betty





No comments: