Sunday, January 5, 2014

Working studio in the mountains

The brook shown at left is one of the water sources for the pond.  In winter, the little creek bubbles along and sometimes even roars as it ducks through the culvert beneath the road.

Here is a great example of how nature provides a clean and spontaneous flow of energy for the creative spirit.

Here in Mill Creek, Big Sur,
it is possible to find many such small streams, dry in summer but lush and full of life in winter.

As a working artist, I am always looking for examples of beauty and truth to take back to the studio and share with the world through my work.  Colors in the forest are fresh and change with each day.  Here in the mountains, we like to say that if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.
So when you come to visit, bring layers of clothing for camping, hiking, bicycling, nature retreats of all kinds.
I will happily show you my studio and work process if you like, constantly evolving as it is.  My work space is in the main ranch house, where I also live.

You can see some of the drawings I have made of these mountains, reproduced as prints, by visiting my Etsy shop at  
www.etsy.com/shop/bettyofbigsur

No comments: