Saturday, January 21, 2017

Stretch Into It

Here's what it looks like when it snows on the mountain...a lovely enhancement to the colors of the sunset.

These days, it doesn't snow as much as it did in earlier years.  It makes it a bit easier to navigate the middle of winter, when everything gets stretched.  It's a time of quiet, of reflection, of challenge.  How long is it going to stay cold?  

What is there to DO???

Over last autumn, I had some visitors who were from the Yukon.  On a cold and blustery day, they told me this was like an August day, for them.  And, they suggested that I should visit their lovely area...Wow, it really is all in the way you look at it! It made me think, what could it be like to be in the winter eight months a year?

Stretching what you are, and what you have, is something you need to do in order to grow.  Staying in a place of snugness is good for nourishing your spirit, and making your heart strong.  However, in order to really be satisfied in life, you will need to do more than you are comfortable doing.  Reaching out to someone who is hard to deal with, making difficult choices...these are the stuff of real soul growth.  

When you are ready to take on the challenge of choosing to be more than you are today, of "taking the road less traveled", as Robert Frost put it, you will find that your life becomes immeasurably richer.  

Think of a possible dream that you may have put aside, thinking it was too difficult to make come true.  What made you decide that?  Are you being true to your own highest good by not giving yourself the chance to find out?  Are you hiding from yourself?

I've done that, and it really doesn't help.  What happened was that I stayed in a place of feeling like less, and kept happiness away.  I'm here to tell you it is worth stepping out, and making a stand for your dreams.  Since I dropped out of my belief in my own pain, and of the idea of the value of loneliness, and showed up for myself, I am far happier than I could have imagined being when I "played it safe, by playing small". 

In invite you to have a chat with me about what you REALLY want, and what is holding you back.  
Stretch yourself....You are worth it!

                Give yourself a chance! 


Yours in service,

Betty 

 



No comments: